What are the festival hours?
Venue · Fri: 10AM–Midnight · Sat: 10AM–Midnight · Sun: 10AM–8PM
Expo Hall · Fri: Noon–8PM · Sat: Noon–8PM · Sunday: 11AM-7PM
Registration Desk · Fri/Sat: 10AM–10PM · Sun: 8AM–3PM
Venue Open 24 Hours for 3-Day pass Holders
Can I check in if I arrive later in the day?
Yes! You can still check in during these times:
Where is the festival taking place?
Anaheim Convention Center
800 W Katella Ave, Anaheim
CA 92802, United States
How much is the parking fee?
The parking fee at Anaheim Convention Center is $18.00 per vehicle per day with no in/out privileges.
If you have further parking questions, you can call the convention center at +1 714-765-8950.
What is DreamHack?
Where do I buy tickets and how do I pick them up?
Ticket info is found here.
All tickets are emailed and NFC wristbands are to be picked up at the registration desk (they are not mailed unless you’ve purchased the NFC band home delivery add-on).
Can I buy festival/day tickets on location?
Festival/day tickets will be available for purchase at the venue for day visitors if they are not sold out online. We recommend purchasing tickets as soon as possible. The tickets are cheaper if you purchase them earlier and buying them in advance guarantees you can get into the festival if we sell out. Find out more information about the different ticket types on our ticket page.
Do I need a special ticket to compete in tournaments?
All DreamHack ticket holders are eligible to participate in open tournaments. Some tournaments require you to participate in a qualifier ahead of time.
To participate in BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) tournaments, you’ll need a BYOC pass which gives you a seat reservation where you can set up your own computer. DreamHack’s console tournaments don’t require you to bring your own console, you can play on ours.
Don’t miss your chance to pre-register to secure your spot in the tournaments you want to participate in! Visit our esports page for additional details on pre-registration or qualifiers.
Is it safe to bring my PC to a festival?
It is absolutely safe to bring your PC to our event. We will have our Crew security staff on-site during the whole event.
You will receive special NFC equipment tags coded to your ticket. Upon leaving the BYOC with any gear during the festival you will be asked to verify your ticket against the equipment tags.
We recommend you always lock any hardware with special laptop or pc locks. We suggest you buy them online before the event starts. We do not recommend leaving valuables like cell phones or wallets at your BYOC seat as those are much easier to walk away with. DreamHack is not responsible for any lost possessions.
Do I need to bring anything to BYOC other than my PC?
Check out the article "First Timer's Guide to BYOC", which includes packing list and tips!
Is there an age restriction?
Everyone is welcome! Anyone below the age of 13 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian at all times.
Anyone below the age of 18 is required to have their parent or legal guardian sign a waiver which is available on our parental info page.
Is IRL streaming okay?
Can I bring my support animal to the festival?
Our policy regarding support animals follows the ADA guidelines. The below steps must be met in order to bring your support animal to the event:
1. Documentation for your ADA service animal must be provided. This does not include emotional support animals.
2. The documentation must be sent to email@example.com no later than 12 days prior to the event.
3. Once the documentation is received, we will forward to the venue for final approval. Once a response is received from the venue, you will be notified from firstname.lastname@example.org. Any additional information will be provided at that time.
What items are allowed?
- Empty water bottles of all kinds (there will be water filling stations throughout the festival to refill water)
- Single umbrella strollers – allowed and subject to search
- Empty poster tubes
- Computer and peripherals (including a single chair) per BYOC seat ticket including cases for gear – allowed and subject to search
- Any small items needed for sleeping over (small blanket, toiletries, etc.)
What's not allowed?
- No large strollers
- No glass
- No coolers
- No outside alcohol, food or drink
- No illegal drugs
- No weapons (knives, multitools, firearms)
- No laser pointers
- No pets
- No e-cigs, cigarettes, cigars, or tobacco pipe smoking
- No open or concealed flames
- No fireworks or explosives
Do you have a notice of film and photography?
Yes, please see our event rules 6.8.