NOV 30–DEC 3, 2018 Elmia, Jönköping, Sweden
Leave Room for What you Really Need to Pack
You can have a lot of action figures, but you don’t have to BRING all of them to decorate your BYOC LAN table. You can also choose to bring none of them… your call
Creepy Pip Boy Mask that will Haunt your Dreams in the BYOC LAN at DreamHack Atlanta 2018 – Photo Credit: Kim Ventura
Here is a checklist for what to pack for the BYOC LAN at DreamHack Winter, ideal for those who are first time visitors but also for those who have been at DreamHack before, as it’s easy to forget something important! Read over the pages linked on the Info page for the festival, where you’ll also find useful tips and regulations. Please note the information regarding yours and all other visitors’ safety and comfort.
Always take your valuables and smaller devices with you when you leave your seat, or ask your friends/neighbors to watch your belongings. Secure the screen, computer, and other valuable hardware with cables and a computer security lock. Never leave your mobile phone or wallet on the table.
All participants with a computer seat ticket have a table space that is 83cm×60cm. The height of the table is about 82cm. Note: It’s not necessary to bring everything on this list, this is more of a list of reminders than anything else.
- Personal computer with all cables
- Screen and its cables
- Keyboard, mouse, and mouse pad
- Headset or headphones
- Network cable, about 10–15 m
- Power strip (so you can connect all your devices)
- Cable ties, secure your cables and keep all things tidy
- Duct Tape—Solves every problem and a little more
- Game console and controllers
- Mobile phone and charger
- Installation HD / USB / CD / DVD for your operating system
- USB / CD / DVD with essential drivers, if you need to do a re-installation
- Anti-virus software; be sure to have your security software and your operating system updated before the festival
Other things for your seat
- Your own gaming/office chair if you want to sit comfortably. DreamHack provides simple chairs that do not cushion your butt as nicely.
- Computer security lock, cables and padlock. Secure your hardware!
Clothing & Sleeping Accessories
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sleeping pad or air mattress
- Bed sheets and towels
- Sleeping bag or blanket
Health & Hygiene
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shower Soap
- Hand Cream
- Needed medications, be sure to inform the crew if you have a condition and need special care or attention. We have contacts with emergency services if needed.