The art of cosplay will be put on exhibition where people can take part for a prize pool of 1.5 Lacs INR. Each day winner will be awarded with 50,000 INR. The beautifully crafted skins and realistic props will take you to the mystic land of fictional characters from your loved games.
To be released closer to the event
The competition is open to ALL AGES. However, entrants under 16 must have an entry form signed by a parent or guardian with you on the day of the event. You may, should you wish, enter alone or as a group, please note, if you are in a group, please specify the other members of your group, so everyone can go on stage together. Artwork inspired by the games are also allowed.
ONLY Gaming genre costumes are welcome, ensuring swimsuit area being covered for both male and female cosplayers. Bought or commissioned costumes are strictly not allowed, 70% of your outfit must be made by you, in order to allow you to be eligible for a prize in the Cosplay contest. Costume made by you will have better scoring (Subject to the judge’s discretion) if foul play is found participant shall be disqualified.
Judging is carried out in 5 parts:
• On-stage judging
• Craftsmanship judging (off stage judging)
• Accuracy to source material
• Movement and functionality
• Overall neatness and presentation
• Costumes to be worn on stage and hand-held props will be subject to craftsmanship judging.
• Larger props on stage are not subject to judging if a cosplayer is not able to move in the costume they shall receive deduction in score.
• Craftsmanship judging is carried out before the stage competition is held and added to the score from the on-stage judging.
• Cosplayers have to report at the time given to them for off stage judging.
• Accuracy is marked as a direct comparison of the costume with the original artwork. A costume that is identical to the original artwork should receive full score, and a costume that looks nothing like the original artwork will therefore receive deductions. This included color, shape and Light effects also. (enhancements made to costume which evade from original design shall redeem negative scores)
• Quality is marked based on several factors, including how well the costume is put together, how well it fits the contestant, how neat painting, sewing, etc. has been done.
• Technique is marked as a way to reward skills. A costume that used a wide variety of difficult skills will be awarded high marks in this category than a costume that use few simple techniques. It is more about the quality of the technique than the quantity or size.
• In case of a tie in the final score, on-stage judging score will determine the order. In case of a tie after the on-stage judging score is taken into account, the stage judges will choose a winner by simple vote of majority between the two finalists in question.