Tiebreaker rules and info
Who said DPC was over? The European teams have shown how competitive the region is, and we have guaranteed tiebreakers to wrap up 6 weeks of league play. A spot to the Singapore Major hangs in the balance for OG, Team Liquid, and Tundra Esports. And in the Lower Division: Brame, Creepwave and Hellbear Smashers are fighting for the spots to be promoted next season, so they can finally play against the big boys!
If there is a tie across ranks leading into:
- the Major play-off and the Major groupstage;
- the Major groupstage and the Major wildcard;
- the Major wildcard and the Upper Division Season 2;
- the Upper Division and the Lower Division;
- the Lower Division and elimination divider;
Tiebreaker matches will be played until the tie is resolved.
For other ties (in order of importance):
- Points amassed between the tied participants
- Map difference between the tied participants
- Overall map difference
Tiebreaker matches until the tie is resolved.
If there is a 2-way tie a Bo3 will be played. For 3-way ties and up, a Bo1 round robin group will be played.