What is DreamHack?
DreamHack is a gaming event unlike any other! DreamHack events are all about the massive BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) party, paired with a plethora of competitive tournaments and international esports competitions happening. Visitors are able to check out the latest gaming and tech gear at the Expo, and take part in all sorts of different activities! Activities include tournaments, cosplay, non-gaming events like scavenger hunts, tabletop games and more!
What is BYOC?
Basically, Bring Your Own Computers to DreamHack and play on for three days. You’ll get specified space to keep your system and other stuff.
Can I bring my laptop?
Yes, you can get a laptop.
Do we have to get our own chairs?
No, you’ll be provided with chairs at the venue.
Should we get a LAN cable?
Yes, you should bring your own 10 meter long Ethernet cable.
Is there an age limit for the event?
DreamHack Mumbai 2018 is open for all ages but can contain content such as tournaments, exhibitors and partners showing games, and other material not suitable for all ages.
Can I buy tickets on the site?
Yes, you can buy tickets on DreamHack or Bookmyshow website.
Do you offer refund on tickets?
No, DreamHack does not offer refunds on bought tickets.
Can you buy tickets on location?
Event passes will be available for purchase at the event for day visitors if they are not sold out online. We recommend purchasing tickets as soon as possible as the best prices will be available the sooner in advance you purchase your tickets and this will guarantee you can get into the venue if we sell out.
I don’t have a printer, can I show my ticket on my phone/tablet?
Yes, you would need to exchange the booking confirmation at the registration desk to obtain entry to the event.
What are the payment methods offered?
We offer payment by cash, debit and credit cards and e-wallets.
What are the festival hours?
- Friday – (Gamers – 7am to Midnight) | (Visitors – 11 am to 10 pm)
- Saturday – (Gamers – 7am to Midnight) | (Visitors – 11 am to 10 pm)
- Sunday – (Gamers – 7am to Midnight) | (Visitors – 11 am to 10 pm)
- Expo Hall: 11am–10pm Daily
- Doors open Gamer : Fri 7 AM | Sat 7 AM | Sun 7 AM
- Doors open Visitor : Fri 11AM – 8PM | Sat 11AM – 8PM | Sun 11AM – 8PM
- Registration Desk: Visitor: Fri 10AM – 8PM | Sat 10AM – 8PM | Sun 10AM – 8PM
- Registration Desk: Gamer: Fri 7AM – 8PM | Sat 7AM – 8PM | Sun 7AM – 8PM
- BYOC Attendee computer drop off time begins at 7AM on Friday 21st Dec.
- The network goes down: 08:00 AM, Monday Dec 24th.
- The electricity goes down: 09:00 AM, Monday Dec 24th.
- All Gamers must be out of the hall: 09:00 AM, Monday Dec 24th
How long should be the Ethernet/TP/Cat5/Cat5E/Cat6 cable?
If you bring 10 meters it will be enough to reach the switch on the table.
Will power cables be provided?
No, you will have to get your own power cables.
Do we get monitors?
The LEGENDARY ticket holders will be provided monitors, whereas the EPIC and SUPER EPIC ticket holders will have to bring their own monitors.
How much space will be given for one person?
For the BYOC ticket holders, you will be given one seat for your system.
Can I bring my gaming console?
Yes, as long as you keep your stuff in your own table space.
Is it safe to bring my PC? Do I need to worry about theft?
DreamHack has a security crew and extra security guards on site. However, all personal belongings are the responsibility of the owner himself. If you are concerned about security you may always bring a computer lock to secure your tower or laptop and peripherals to the table. We do not recommend leaving valuables like cell phones & wallets at your LAN seat as those are much easier to walk away with. DreamHack is not responsible for any lost possessions.
Is the event and venue wheelchair accessible and where should I sit?
All areas are wheelchair accessible and there is elevators all throughout the venue. Some areas and rows might be harder to reach. We recommend choosing a seat on the outer edges of the seat map since there is generally more space to accommodate for wheelchairs.
Can I really sleep at the festival overnight?
NO, we do not have a sleeping area! But if you are coming with your team and need help with booking hotels nearby, please contact email@example.com
Can we bring our own games?
Yes, you are allowed to bring your own games, make sure it’s updated.
What all games are included in BYOC?
The games featuring at the BYOC are:
- Dota 2
- CS 1.6
- Age of Empires
- StarCraft 2
- NFS – Most Wanted
- Rainbow Six Siege
- Rocket League
- Call of Duty 4
- League of Legends
Will food be available at the venue?
Yes, there will be a food court at the venue to fill the soul.
I want to compete, what kind of ticket should I get?
All ticket holders to the DreamHack- Mumbai event are eligible to participate in tournaments and competitions hosted on site by 3rd parties. (BYOC passes will also allow you to play in any BYOC tournaments. A BYOC seat and your own hardware are required for BYOC tournaments). Do not miss your chance to register to secure your spot in the tournaments you want to participate in.
How much space is included for my BYOC seat?
All participants will get a table that is 83×60 cm. The height of the table is 82 cm.
Can I bring a shelf and put my computer/screen/equipment on?
Just make sure it fits on your available space and that is built sturdily so it will not be dangerous for you or any other participants. Note: All participants get 83×60 cm of table space.
Will there be Wi-Fi at the venue?
There is free wifi provided by NESCO for everyone however for BYOC , gamers will be provided internet via dedicated lan cables.
What are the BYOC timings?
The BYOC starts at 7 am on day 1 and then goes on for the next 72 hours.
What time is the general public coming?
The crowd will get moving from 12 noon onwards.
What will be the schedule for each stage?
Detailed schedule will be updated on the website by Tuesday, 11 December. Hang on till then.
When is the opening ceremony?
The opening ceremony will kick-off on Friday, Dec 21, 6 pm on the Invitational stage.
Will there be merchandise available?
Yes, you can purchase merchandise from our stores in the venue.
- Computer and peripherals (including a single chair) per BYOC seat ticket including cases for gear – allowed and subject to search
- Any small items needed for being over for a longer time (Jackets, toiletries, etc.)
- Good vibes.
What’s not allowed?
Kindly refrain from carrying any Helmets, Cameras, Firecrackers, Lighters, Weapons, Tins/Cans, Water Balloons, Umbrellas, Tobacco Products, Fireworks, Outside Food/Alcohol, Metal Containers, Musical Instruments of any kind as they’re strictly prohibited inside the stadium due to security reason.
Where can I park? Do you have directions?
There’s limited parking facility available at the venue which would be available at a first come first serve basis.
Can I smoke electronic cigarettes inside of DreamHack?
No. All smoking, regular or electronic is only allowed in special smoking areas outside of the venue.
Do you have a notice of film and photography?
- When you enter a DreamHack event or program, you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By entering the event premises, you consent to interview(s), photography, audio recording, video recording and it’s/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, webcasts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by DH and its affiliates and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar DH events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of DH. You release DH, its officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings. By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by DH or the person or entity designated to do so by DH. You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before entering the event.
- IRL Streaming Policy: IRL streaming is allowed and encouraged at DreamHack, however it’s important to be respectful of our visitors! If you are IRL streaming, should a visitor ask you to not film or otherwise feature them in your IRL stream you are obligated to cease filming them immediately if you wish to follow our rules. If you are IRL streaming and found to not be following this policy you will be asked to leave the event.
What documents are required to claim prize money?
- Address proof
- ID proof
- Pan card
- Form 16 in case of unavailibility of pan card
- Bank account details
Do i have to bring the documents to DreamHack?
How long will it take to receive prize money?
Will DreamHack provide games?
No, You have to bring your own games.